Changing The Status Of A Task Or Subtask #
In this article, we’ll cover how to mark a task or subtask as “Open,” “In Progress,” or “Completed.” Note: the default status of a task or subtask is “Open.”
Change Task Status #
There are two ways to change the status of a task or subtask.
Clicking The Task or Subtask Arrow #
Once you have tasks and subtasks created, you can quickly change between the different statuses by hovering your mouse over the circle arrow and by clicking the left mouse button.
- If the current status is “Open,” one mouse click will change the status to “In Progress.”
- If the current status is “In Progress,” one mouse click will change it to “Completed.”
- If the current status is “Completed,” and you would like to reopen the task or subtask, one mouse click will change the status back to “Open.”
Here is a quick break down of the colors and what they mean:
- Transparent (no color) – the task is open, and the due date has not lapsed.
- Red – the task is open, and the due date has lapsed.
- Yellow – the task is currently being worked on and is in progress.
- Green – the task has been completed.
Changing The Status Via The Settings #
The second way to change a task’s status or subtask is to click on the corresponding pencil icon next to the task.
In the pop-up window, find the Status and select the desired outcome from the drop-down list. Hit “Save Task” to finalize the change.
You now know how to modify the status of your tasks and subtasks. If you need any assistance or if you have any questions, please contact SeamlessDesk support at Support@seamlessdesk.com.