Table of Contents
Customize Asset Number #
In this article, we’ll show you how to edit or customize your asset number or asset barcode.
What is an Asset Number? #
An Asset Number is a unique identifier associated with or assigned to every asset in your SeamlessDesk account. This identifier is required, and every asset needs to have a unique ID.
How to edit your Asset Number #
Please follow the following steps to edit your Asset Number:
- Login to your SeamlessDesk account.
- Hover over “IT Asset Management” on the left-hand navigation menu and select “Assets.”
- Once the Asset view has loaded, select the gear icon in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
- From the drop-down, select “Customize Asset Number.”
- Add the new prefix that you would like to use going forward.
- Hit “Save” to apply the change.
Note: Assets that are already added to SeamlessDesk will not be changed. The new Asset Number will only be applied to new entries.
How to generate barcodes with your new Asset Number #
If you would like to print barcodes, which can be used to create asset tags or stickers, here is how to do that:
- Hover over “Reports” and select “Standard.”
- When the reports view loads, find the reports list on the right, and select “Asset Reports” on the bottom right-hand side of the screen.
- On the Asset Reports screen, select “Audit Checklist.”
- On the top of the report, use the two filters to refine your asset list.
- You can now export a CSV of the report and copy the barcode so that it can be printed and applied to your assets.
If you need any assistance or if you have any questions, please contact SeamlessDesk Support at email@example.com.